BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Banana Nut Bread Recipe!

 Want some yummy Banana Nut Bread??
Oh I know you do! This recipe is quick, easy and my son says yummy. I unfortuantly do not like nuts, therefore I just enjoy the delightful smell that fills my kitchen whenever I make this for him. And it looks good too!

What you will need:
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 cup softened butter
2 eggs
1/4 teaspooon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 1/2 cups of flour
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
 
I didn't have any baking powder on hand at the time so I just added baking soda twice. ;) I didn't notice a difference in this one and the one with the baking powder I made later. 

Step 1:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix together sugar, butter and eggs. 
 
  
 

Step 2: 
Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
 
Step 3: 
Add in the smashed bananas (I use my hand and just squish them and dump them in the bowl), vanilla, and nuts. (You can use any nuts that you want, we chose Pecans. Also bought them pre chopped!)
 
Step 4: 
Pour batter into greased loaf pan.
 
Step 5: 
Bake for one hour.
 
 
Step 6:
 EAT! Notice half the loaf gone already. This definitely doesn't last long, he eats it all within a day or two. Silly guy!

1 comments:

Pattie said...

Yumm Yumm, who doesn't like a good banana nut bread :)